Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Show Some Heart

Welcome Artist & Blacksmith
"Show Some Heart"
Feb 7th-March 7th, 2010

Artist Reception: Feb 13th, 6-9pm

Artist Statement:
I am an artist blacksmith living and working in Seattle for over 10 years. I enjoy the physical nature of hand forging metal into a natural form be it flora, fauna or figurative. My concept for this series is to have a collection of wall hanging sculptures that involve anatomical hearts. It is something we all possess and for me it is a symbol of life, strength and human emotion, many of our emotions stem from love, the emotion most commonly equated with the heart.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sculpture above!!!!! I LOVE Lisa too! She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you at the reception Shannon! Love Lisa's work... (see you too June Carter)...

    ReplyDelete